So I went to the Dr today and am now on the once a week visits. I'm already dilated to a 1 which really doesn't mean much but it's a step in the right direction. I'll be 37 weeks next week so Maddie may make her arrival at anytime now! Which is super excited and terrifying all at the same time. I don't feel ready but I figure this is one of those things you're never really ready for to begin with. Mostly I'm just anxious which I also think is completely normal and even if it weren't I'll continue to live in the denial that it is. I hear the weather is always warm in DeNial anyways! =)
We also took a tour of the hospital which was really nice. We got to see where everything takes place and she explained a lot of the procedures and what happens when and where. It was really nice to see the rooms and they don't really look like hospital rooms and had lots of room and stuff like that. We also got to see the nursery and hear about all the security measures that are in place to keep our babies safe! It's nice to hear but also scary that there are crazy people out there who want to steal people's babies! God help them.
So that's kind of it for now. I have many many things on my mind these days and am hoping to distract myself with a good book!

Oh yeah, its super scary when they tell you about the security procedures, but so many hospitals do it now! I guess that makes us all feel better. At my first every-week check up, I was dialated to a 4 like a week and a half before I went into labor. So when you hit like 3 or 4, its very likely close :)!
ReplyDeletePS: love the ticker and the website it came from! I may have to steal the idea ;)
ReplyDelete