Monday August 23 at 8am my water broke! Then the whirlwind that is childbirth began! It's a pretty funny story! My husband, Codie has been working the night shift at his job and usually doesnt make it to bed until around 6 a.m. So I was in a dilemna about when to wake him up. Since I wasn't having any contraction I decided to take a shower first. Good thing too because I hadn't shaved my legs in almost a week! After that I called the Dr. and found out what I needed to do. Then I finished getting ready and decided it was time to wake up my poor husband! He had only had three hours of sleep at this point! He was really disoriented so I told him to go take a shower. We finished packing our bags and headed to the Dr. office. She confirmed that labor had begun and we headed to the hospital!
Once at the hospital they got me all hooked up and we waited until the contractions were strong enough to start pushing. Unfortunately this wasn't until 8 p.m. And after two hours of pushing we finally got to meet our baby girl!
Birth facts: August 23, 9:54 p.m. 6lbs 14oz 19 inches and the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

No comments:
Post a Comment