Every year I have a lot to be thankful for: family, friends, health, home and so on. But this year I have something extra to be thankful for: Madison Anne.
Before I found out I was pregnant I always thought that Codie and I would just be the cool aunt and uncle. We'd be Dinks: Dual Income No Kids. And I was pretty OK with that. I believed that not every one was meant to have children and with the health issues I had I figured I was on of them. I had resigned myself to this and relished in all the other things I had to be thankful for. Then I saw the results of my pregnancy test. That's when I knew that God truly does have a way. This year I am SO thankful for my little angel and her daddy. I am truly blessed by God. He has provided and then some.
Since it was Maddie's first Thanksgiving I drove her down to Clifton to see the family. Even though Codie couldn't make it I couldn't bear to think of a holiday where she wouldn't get to see the grannies and all the aunts and uncles. And for some it was their first time to meet her. Needless to say I think I held for a total of 20 min that day! It brings such joy to my heart to see how much joy she brings to others!
Oh and she got these really cute furry boots from Russell's boss. And someone put them on her while we were there. It was like being mobbed by the paparazzi! Every single woman there had her camera or phone out snapping shots of Maddie in her boots! It was hilarious! I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard!

No comments:
Post a Comment