I hope every one had an extraordinary Merry Christmas filled with love, laughter and family! I love the Christmas season so much! This year, like every year, I am reminded of how amazing Christ is! Growing up I remember my grandma always telling me that the best part of Christmas was watching us (when we were kids) open our gifts and this year I saw that it's true. My favorite thing about Christmas has always been the giving of gifts because it reflects the love our Lord has for us in giving His greatest gift. I also love how much time we spend with our families during Christmas too. I am am doubly blessed in that I have been given two families, mine and my in-laws. And yes I really do get along great with my in-laws! They are amazing people! We are so very blessed!
And as amazing as last year's Christmas was (Maddie's 1st) this year's was even better! Why you may ask? Because Maddie was even more fun this year! And for the first time since our married life began my husband did not have to work on Christmas day or any of the days surrounding Christmas. He has for the last 6 years or so missed some part of Christmas because of work, but not this year! He had almost the whole week off...bum! Haha! No he had a well deserved Christmas stay-cation.
On Christmas eve at Granny Marge's Maddie got to open some gifts and she had a blast doing it. So much that she helped Lili and big Pa open their gifts too! On top of Maddie's newly discovered skill for unwrapping gifts we also got to spend some more time with her darling little cousin Lexi! They are so cute together!
 |
| Helping Big Pa open his gift |
 |
| Up WAAAY past bedtime Christmas Eve! |
 |
| Waiting to open presents! |
 |
| In the empty cabinet in Lili's kitchen Christmas morning! |
No comments:
Post a Comment