Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

365 Days

As many of you know Maddie  had her first birthday recently.  As I told my husband many many times, I still can't believe my little baby girl is now technically a toddler. I have had such a wonderful year spending almost every day and many nights with her! I love her so much! As crazy as it sounds there are still times, in fact just this morning, when I couldn't believe God has blessed us with a child. She truly is my sunshine.

In planning her birthday there were a lot of things I wanted to do. Many I had completed and were ready to go but was unable to do them because even when I tried to show Codie I would start crying. If you know me at all, you know that I am not a crier, but that's part of what motherhood does to you. I wrote her a poem and made her a playlist. (Mixed tape anyone?) The playlist I sort of have playing on this blog but am having troubles getting the code to display it correctly but at least you can hear the songs. A couple of the songs are more for Codie from me because without him I wouldn't have Maddie. =)

Here's the poem I wrote her.

My Wish for You

My birthday wish for you sweet daughter of mine,
Is a life full of love and joy and good times.
Nothing but the very best for you is all,
Come every spring, winter, summer, and fall.
From the first time I heard your tiny heart beat,
I knew what was love and could never retreat.
From the moment he held you close to his heart,
I knew he had loved you right from the start.
So I hope on this celebration today,
That you will look back at the pictures and say,
My mother and father love me forever and always.

Here's where my baby girl is at one year:
Height: 27.5"
Weight: 18 pounds 4 ounces
Favorite thing: her pink bear
Favorite food: bananas
My favorite memories: she gets really clingy and only wants me when she gets sleepy, she loves to play in bath tub, when she's eating something she really likes she slurps it, her eyes are this amazing shade of grey, she does a happy dance when she gets super excited about something, she loves little babies like Maddy and Lexi, she squats to pick things up, she loves to drink out of a straw, in the mornings she will randomly come over and give you baby kisses, Codie makes her laugh a lot and it is the greatest sound.




No comments:

Post a Comment